site hit counter

⋙ Download Free The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books

The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books



Download As PDF : The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books

Download PDF The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books

'The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic' is a close reading of the editing in the 1977 film 'Star Wars A New Hope', written by Linton Davies. It's based around the idea that editing decisions are not made in the abstract, but within the context of the rest of the film, and an analysis of them should work the same way. Star Wars is without doubt one of the most beloved works in the history of cinema, and certainly one of the most discussed. The mass of secondary material, from behind-the-scenes documentaries to cast & crew interviews, makes it a perfect candidate for an analysis that's about what's left out as much as what stayed in. Whether you're an editor, a Star Wars fan or just someone interested in learning more about what really makes films tick, this short, educational book will help you look at the art of filmmaking in a new way.

The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books

The book delivers on its title. The author reviews editing theory, shot selection and technique using as much information is available outside the Lucasfilm archives. Rather than being another account of how great the movie was, "The Editing of Star Wars" is a calm examination of the editing choices that helped it become great. I've wanted to read a focused book about Paul Hirsch, Richard Chew and Marcia Lucas' editing work for the movie since watching the "Empire of Dreams" segment about, and here it is.

Product details

  • Paperback 86 pages
  • Publisher lulu.com (April 22, 2012)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10 9781471677724
  • ISBN-13 978-1471677724
  • ASIN 1471677729

Read The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books

Tags : The Editing of Star Wars: How Cutting Created a Classic [Linton Davies] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. 'The Editing of Star Wars: How Cutting Created a Classic' is a close reading of the editing in the 1977 film 'Star Wars: A New Hope',Linton Davies,The Editing of Star Wars: How Cutting Created a Classic,lulu.com,1471677729,ULUL-bkld2012AUG-125030,ART General,Art & Art Instruction,General,The arts: general issues
People also read other books :

The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books Reviews


the author has a good analysis of Star Wars and reveals some interesting changes to the story made during editing. One minor complaint is that a book about Star Wars has a few obvious spelling errors with names of main characters in the film.
A quick read, but too technical for the average reader. There are a couple of pretty interesting examples spread throughout that I will be watching out for the next time I enjoy the series, but also far too much discussion of the technical, psychological & philosophical theories of editing in general to be of particular interest to the average Star Wars fan. Put another way, it's a decent book on the "why" of editing, but the examples of how that technique was put to use in Star Wars are very thin for an 85-page book.
Even though it's a short book, it's a really good one.
I appreciate the valuable observations this essay (you can't really call it a book) offers, but I was hoping for something more in depth. If you have done virtually no previous film study this is a good introduction to editing technique in the context of this very familiar film. If you already know something about the art this piece won't, I'm afraid, teach you something you likely didn't already know.
I am really enjoying this book. It has a perspective on editing that connects me to the root of what I am working to accomplish. My textbooks are great on technical details and this takes it necessarily further.
Amazing insight into an amazing movie. I finished it so quickly that I immediately re-read it. I scoured libraries and the internet to find most of the sources and watched them to see the theories in action. It's my favorite movie and after reading this, I'm convinced that the editing made this the movie that I love. If you love star wars, editing, editing theories, or just want to understand the art of editing a little better, read this! Required reading for all editors and editing students!
The book delivers on its title. The author reviews editing theory, shot selection and technique using as much information is available outside the Lucasfilm archives. Rather than being another account of how great the movie was, "The Editing of Star Wars" is a calm examination of the editing choices that helped it become great. I've wanted to read a focused book about Paul Hirsch, Richard Chew and Marcia Lucas' editing work for the movie since watching the "Empire of Dreams" segment about, and here it is.
Ebook PDF The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books

0 Response to "⋙ Download Free The Editing of Star Wars How Cutting Created a Classic Linton Davies 9781471677724 Books"

Post a Comment